Photoacoustic Gas Monitor - INNOVA 1314i
LumaSense offers the market quality photoacoustic-based gas monitoring solutions. The Photoacoustic Gas Monitor INNOVA 1314i is a highly accurate, reliable, and stable quantitative gas monitor.
- Emission monitoring - of exhausts from chemical processes, Ammonia in stacks, scrubber efficiency and filter break-through
- Process quality control measurements - of trace impurities in pure gas production
- Stationary Industrial Hygiene or OH&S measurements – area monitoring at trace concentrations of hazardous substances in public spaces or working areas
- Automotive emissions monitoring - of alcohol content in vehicle exhausts and production of Ammonia and N2O in diesel exhausts
- Filtration Efficiency – Breakthrough Testing
- Multi Gas Monitoring – up to 5 different gases (+ water vapor) can be measured with excellent sensitivity and accuracy
- Selectively measures a wide range of gases/vapors, with more than 200 compounds already tested,
- Linear response over a wide dynamic range
- Suited for permanent monitoring tasks at low O&M costs: Highest stability (low drift) makes calibration only necessary 1-2 times a year, and no carrier gas is needed.
- Direct sampling
- Accurate - compensates for temperature fluctuations, water-vapor interference and interference from other known gases
Other valuable product features include:
- User-friendly procedures for calibrating the monitor, presenting and analyzing measurement data via the PC user-interface
- Remote control capability via TCP/IP network interface protocol
- Expandable up to 24 locations with 1409 Multipoint Sampler: the Gas Monitor can operate as the system controller for full standalone operation
- Optional I/O modules (alarm relays, analog output)
- Includes BZ7002 Calibration Software
- Includes BZ7003 Offline Software to set up the Gas Monitor without connecting it to a PC and to download data stored in the gas monitors internal memories.
Outstanding Gas Detection Limits Onboard
Gas selectivity is achieved through the use of optical filters with narrow bandwidth. By installing up to 5 optical filters in the INNOVA 1314i, it can measure the concentration of up to 5 component gases and water vapor in any air sample. Our 27-filter portfolio enables high accuracy spectroscopy in the mid-infrared footprint region [4-15 microns]. Detection limit is gas-dependent, but is typically in the ppb region. The accuracy of measurements is ensured by the INNOVA 1314i's ability to compensate for temperature and pressure fluctuations, water-vapor interference and interference from other gases known to be present (Cross-compensation). Reliability of measurement results is ensured by regular, automatic self-tests.
With its highly sensitive photoacoustic detector and its selective sensing method, the INNOVA 1314i's detection limit is gas-dependent but typically in the ppb region.
The optical filters used in the instruments display different characteristics while sharing a basic design. Each filter comprises three separate infra-red elements; a narrow-band pass element, a short-wave pass element and a wide-band pass element. The narrow-band pass element has very specific transmission characteristics defined by the short-wave pass and wide-band pass elements, which prevents transmission of light at other wavelengths.
For any additional Software Download and Service Net of Photoacoustic Gas Monitor INNOVA 1314i please contact us .
|Photoacoustic infrared spectroscopy.|
|Detection Limit:||Gas-dependent, but typically in the ppb region. Using the Gas Detection Limits chart, the detection limit for a selected sample integration time (S.I.T.) can be calculated.|
|Dynamic Range:||Typically 4 orders of magnitude (i.e. 10,000 times the detection limit at 5 S.I.T.). Using two span concentrations it can be expanded to 5 orders of magnitude.|
Typically ± Detection limit4 per 3 months1
Influence of temperature2 : ±10 % of detection limit4 /°C.
Influence of Pressure3 : ±0.5 % of detection limit 4 /mbar.
|Repeatability:||1 % of measured value1|
|Range Drift:||±2.5 % of measured value per 3 months1
Influence of temperature2 : ±0.3 % of measured value/°C.
Influence of pressure3 : -0.01 % of measured value/mbar.
|Is dependent on the Sample Integration Time (S.I.T.) and the flushing time defined. Please see the examples below:|
|S.I.T.: „Normal“ (5 s)
Flushing: Auto, (tube: 1 m)
|One gas: ~27s
5 gases + water: ~60s
|S.I.T.: “Low Noise” (20s) Flushing: Auto, (tube 1 m)||5 gases + water: ~150s|
|S.I.T.: “Fast” (1s)
Flushing: Chamber 4s,
|One gas: ~13s
5 gases + water: ~26s
|1 Measured at 20 °C , 1013 mbar, and relative humidity (RH): 60%. (A concentration of 100x detection limit4 was used in determining these specifications.)
2 Measured at 1013 mbar, and RH: 60 %.
3 Measured at 20 °C and RH: 60 %.
4 Detection limit is @5s S.I.T
|Interference:||The 1314i automatically compensates for temperature and pressure fluctuations in its analysis cell and can compensate for water vapor in the air sample. If an optical filter is installed to measure a known interferent, the 1314i can cross compensate for the interferent.|
|Pumping Rate:||30 cm3/s (flushing sampling tube) and 5 cm3/s (flushing measurement chamber).|
|Power Requirement:||100-240 VAC ±10%, 50-60 Hz.|
|Power Consumption:||~85 VA.|
|Total Internal Volume:||The total Internal Volume of the measurement system: 60 cm3|
|Air Volume per sample:|
|Flushing Settings||Volume of Air|
|Auto: Tube Length: 1m||140 cm3 /sample|
|Fixed time: Chamber 2s, Tube 3s||100 cm3 /sample|
|Fixed time: Chamber 2s,Tube “OFF”||10 cm3 /sample|
|Alarm Relay Socket:||for connection to one or two alarm relays (visual/audio). Alarm levels for each gas are user-defined. Max. 25 VDC, max.100 mA.|
Height: 175 mm (6.9 in).
Width: 483 mm (19 in).
Depth: 375 mm (14.8 in).
Weight: 14 kg (30.8 lbs).
|The monitor has three interfaces, USB, Ethernet, and RS-232, for data exchange and remote control of the 1314i. The software communicates using the USB, Ethernet, or RS-232 interface.|
|Compliance with Standards|
|The 1314i has the following certifications:
The detailed Certificate of Conformity documents are available in our download section.
Analog/Relay Interface Module (optional)
|For each gas, barometric pressure and chamber temperature, the following outputs are available:
With the Analog/Relay Interface Module, two alarm relays are available for each gas (programmable for upper/lower concentration).
|Converting concentration units
The detection limits in the Detection Limit Chart are given in "parts per million" by volume (ppm) at 20°C and 1 atmosphere of pressure. These values can be converted into the concentration unit "mg/m3" by using the equation below:
For a gas at 20°C and at 1 atmosphere of pressure:
Application software for the setup and remote control of our Tracer Gas Systems
Free Version to calibrate
the gas monitor connecting
it to a PC
Free Version to set up the gas monitor without connecting it to a PC and to download data stored in the internal memories
See information on Detection Limits here