SmartDGA Guide™ - Online 9 Gas Monitor
The SmartDGA Guide™ instrument provides comprehensive online DGA results that enable diagnostic techniques. The instrument uses Non-Dispersive Infrared (NDIR) technology to measure and record all nine industry recommended fault gases Acetylene (C2H2), Ethane (C2H6), Ethylene (C2H4), Carbon Dioxide (CO2), Carbon Monoxide (CO), Hydrogen (H2), Methane (CH4), Nitrogen (N2), Oxygen (O2), and Moisture found in insulating oil.
- Capture data 24 hours a day including gas levels, rates, and ratios to detect faults and prevent failures
- Reduce the number and frequency of transformer maintenance cycles by implementing condition-based maintenance
- Implement the lowest total cost to own solution in the industry with no consumables, carrier gases, or scheduled calibrations
Cost-effective and accurate gas detection solution based on Non-Dispersive Infrared (NDIR) sensor technology to provide comprehensive online DGA data
By monitoring all nine industry recommended gases, concentrations and composition of these gases can identify the type and estimate the severity of various faults. Since all types of faults generate a variety of gases, using diagnostic methods to detect multiple gases for a whole gas picture provides more accurate results.
The SmartDGA instrument works in cycles (as often as every 3 hours) to obtain a sample of oil, detect concentrations (in PPM) of key gases, and record the values. The continuous online DGA values reported by the SmartDGA® instrument quickly identify potential fault conditions through monitoring of key gas levels, rates, and ratios. Utilities can set custom alert and alarm gas levels, rates, and ratios in the DGA Viewer software to always have a watchful eye on the condition of the transformer.
Using the DGA Viewer software, authorized users can also view collected data and use diagnostic tools to evaluate that data. The robust DGA Viewer software offers industry recommended tools such as Duval Triangle for interpreting and evaluating data.
SmartDGA Guide™ Key Functional Features
- The SmartDGA Guide™ package includes the instrument, mounting hardware, connection cable, the SmartDGA EZHub™ unit, and DGA Viewer Software.
- Versatile mounting configurations with inline mounting available for LTC filter system or non-valve mounting for a transformer.
- Extremely cost effective – total cost of ownership is a fraction of the cost of other instruments and installation can be accomplished in just hours.
- No consumables, carrier gases, or scheduled calibration required.
- Sunlight visible indicators for Caution, Warning, and Alarm conditions. Has Status Relay notification and corrective action triggering to ensure optimal system operations.
- Communications supported via all major protocols common in the electric power industry such as Modbus RTU, DNP 3.0, and IEC 61850 with the optional iCore.
NDIR Gas Phase Sensor Accuracy
± 5% or ± LDL, whichever is greater
|Reporting Rate||Every 24 hours - default, user selectable from approximately 3 hours to 7 days.|
|Measurement Range||Minimum value is the lower detectable limit, maximum value is the upper limit of accurate response|
± 3 ppm or ± 2% RS
|Oil Pressure||up to 45 psig (3 bar)|
|Enclosure Rating||IP 55|
Sunlight visible indicators for condition codes
Note: Indicators normally flash on for 5 seconds, off for 15 seconds
|Operating Temperature*||-50 to 55 °C|
|Storage Temperature||-50 to 70 °C|
|Storage Humidity (non-condensing)||1-99% RH|
(L x H x D)
|20.9” x 8.6” dia.|
|The SmartDGA system underwent thorough testing and complies with the following standards.|
|Emissions / Immunity||
EN 61000-6-5 (2001)
EN 61000-6-4 (2007) +A1
EN 61000-3-2 (2006) +A1
EN 61000-3-3 (2008)
|Environmental / Vibration||ETSI EN 300 019-2-4|
|Surge Protection||4000V (IEEE C37.90.1-2002)|
|SmartDGA Guide™ Gas Measurements (Min-Max)|
|EZHub™ & LumaSMART iCore™ Specifications|
Power Supplied to EZHub & iCore
90 ~ 264 VAC, 127 ~ 370 VDC, 47 ~ 63 Hz, 6.5 A max
|Power Supplied to Instrument||48 VDC ~ 4.16 A max|
Up to 40+ years worth of data storage available with optional iCore
|Data Export (Available with EZHub and iCore/PC)||Export of results to date in a single file onto a USB memory stick. When using iCore/PC, user can select date range; when using EZHub port, all data is exported|
Available Communications (Available with EZHub)
Proprietary communications via RS485 and Ethernet connections to DGA Viewer software
|Optional Communications (Modbus available with PC, others available with iCore)||IEC61850 Edition 2, DNP3 IEEE Std 1815-2012, Modbus RTU V1.02, Modbus TCP/IP 1.0b protocols|
|EZHub Alarm Contacts||(3) programmable relay outputs (Type C, NO/NC) for caution, warning, & alarm (1) alarm relay output for system status (Type C, NO/NC)|
|Relay Contact Ratings||Single phase alarm relays (8 A, 250 VAC; 5 A, 30 VDC)|
*For operating temperatures less than -20 °C, the cold weather cable is required. Additional eating of oil transfer lines may be required for operation in cold locations. The unit will generate a system fault if the mineral oil temperature is outside of standard fluid limits of -20 and 120 °C. For operating in environments where the temperature routinely exceeds 40 °C, the high temperature accessory is recommended to prevent premature aging and reduction of component lifetime. Temperatures are based upon air temperatures for unit installation in shaded location.