Small, stationary, digital ratio pyrometer for non-contact temperature measurement between 700 and 2500 °C
- Small housing dimensions for easy installation, suitable for use in confined spaces
- Fast 10 ms response time for dynamic processes
- RS485 interface for long transmission networks for connection to a PC via USB converter or machine control (PLC)
- Analog output adjustable to 0 to 20 mA or 4 to 20 mA for connection of standard analyzing instruments
- Internal digital signal processing for high accuracy
- Built-in LED targeting light for easy alignment to the measuring object
- Thermal intensity alignment using intensity indicator LEDs at the backside of the instrument
- Integrated Dirty Window warning
The pyrometer ISR 320 measures in the 2-color method (ratio method) in which two adjacent wavelengths are used for the temperature determination.
This technique offers the following advantages compared to standard 1-color pyrometers:
- The temperature measurement is largely independent of the object’s emissivity and in wide ranges unaffected by dust and other contaminants in the field of view.
- The measuring object can be smaller than the spot size and measurements through dirty viewing windows are possible up to a certain contamination.
The pyrometer can also be switched to 1-color mode and used like a conventional pyrometer in a spectral range near 0.9 μm.
The included InfraWin software enables graphical display and storage of measurement values, as well as easy set-up of all instrument parameters.
|Temperature Ranges:||(MB 17) 700 to 1700 °C
(MB 25) 900 to 2500 °C
|Sub Range:||Any range adjustable within the temperature range, minimum span: 50 °C|
|Spectral Ranges:||Channel 1: 0.9 µm,
Channel 2: 1.05 µm
|Resolution:||0.1 °C or 0.2 °F at interface; < 0.03% of selected sub range at analog output, min. 0.1 °C, 12 bit|
|Emissivity ε:||0.100 to 1.000 in steps of 1/1000 (1-color mode)|
|Transmittance τ:||0.100 to 1.000 in steps of 1/1000 (1-color mode)|
|Emissivity Slope K:||0.800 to 1.250 in steps of 1/1000 (2-color mode)|
(κ = 1, t90 = 1 s, Tamb. = 25 °C)
Note: the pyrometer must operate at least 30 min before these values are valid
< 1300 °C: 0.5 % of reading in °C + 1°C
> 1300 °C: 1 % of reading in °C
(κ = 1, t90 = 1 s, Tamb. = 25 °C)
0.2 % of reading in °C + 2°C
|Sighting:||Built-in LED targeting light and LEDs for intensity alignment|
|Optics:||Fixed optics a=300 mm or a=800 mm|
|Distance Ratio:||ca 100 : 1|
|Protection Class:||IP 65 (IEC 60529) (value in mated condition)|
|Ambient Temperature:||0 to 70 °C at housing|
|Storage Temperature:||-20 to 80 °C|
|Relative Humidity:||Non condensating conditions|
|CE Label:||According to EU directives about electromagnetic immunity|
Adjustable via interface: 2-color / 1-color temperature signal, accordingly emissivity slope or emissivity, temperature sub range, settings for maximum value storage, address, baud rate, switch off limit, warning level lens contamination monitoring system, transmittance, response time t90, 0 to 20 mA or 4 to 20 mA analog output range, °C / °F.
Readable via interface: measured value, internal temperature of the unit.
|Analog Output:||Adjustable 0 to 20 mA; or 4 to 20 mA, linear with temperature|
|Digital Interface:||RS485 addressable (half-duplex) Baud rate: 1200 to 115.2 kBd|
|Switch Off Limit:||2% to 50% (adjustable via interface)|
|“Dirty Window” Warning or Temperature Contact:||Opto Relay contact, max. continuous current 0.2 A, 50 V DC, Pmax = 300 mW|
|Hysteresis:||2 to 20 °C|
|Exposure Time t90:||10 ms adjustable to min; 0.01 s; 0.05 s; 0.25 s; 1 s; 3 s; 10 s|
|Maximum Value Storage||Built-in single or double storage. Clearing with adjusted time tclear (off; 0.01 s; 0.05 s; 0.25 s; 1 s; 5 s; 25 s), via interface, automatically with the next measuring object|
|Power Supply:||24 V DC ± 25%, ripple must be less than 50 mV|
|Power Consumption:||Max. 6 W (incl. LED)|
|Switch Contact:||Opto relays; max. 50 V DC, 0.2 A; Pmax = 300 mW|
|Load (analog output):||0 to 500 Ω|
|Isolation:||Power supply, analog output and digital interface are galvanically isolated from each other|
Note: The calibration / adjustment of this pyrometer is carried out in accordance with VDI/VDE 3511, Part 4.4. See http://info.lumasenseinc.com/calibration for more information.
|MB17||Fixed Optics||a=300 mm|
|MB17||Fixed Optics||a=800 mm|
|MB25||Fixed Optics||a=300 mm|
|MB25||Fixed Optics||a=800 mm|