Hot forming operations include e.g. forging, press forging, bending, press hardening, and other processes.
By reason of the continually increasing quality demands on materials – especially on steel – the requirements regarding the adherence to tight temperature limits in hot forming processes become even more stringent.
In hot forming applications, correct forming and heat treatment temperatures are instrumental in meeting the specified quality requirements and achieving optimum properties of work pieces. In addition to precise temperature measurements, closed-loop process control and documentation of measured data are required.
To minimize the systematic measuring errors that may be caused by external influences (e.g. surface variations, reflections), temperatures on metal surfaces should always be measured at the shortest possible wavelengths. This implies that the pyrometers and thermal imagers should measure in the near infrared range, depending on the desired process temperature.
We offer a wide range of short-wavelength pyrometers and thermal imagers, as well as package solutions with software:
- IMPAC Portable Pyrometers IS 8 pro and IGA 8 pro
- IMPAC Process Pyrometers IS 140, IGA 140, IS 50-LO plus, IGA 50-LO plus, IS 320, IGA 320, IS 6 Advanced, IGA 6 Advanced
- MIKRON thermal imager MCS640
- IMPAC PI 6000 – programmable, fast controller for process control
- Documentation system IMPAC MultiTemp Logger
Our robust cooling jackets and protective enclosures are specifically designed to protect the instruments in harsh, high temperature steel environments. The units are insulated and cooled to protect the temperature measurement device and to maximize efficiency, while ensuring safe continuous operation.
- Highly accurate and very fast temperature measurement
- Continuous process temperature monitoring
- Process control and management
- Documentation of process temperatures