Important research programs are carried out all over the globe to better characterize the emission rates in animal husbandry activity. Large databases are subsequently used to model the environmental footprint and to identify and promote the best environmental practices (eg. for feeding diets, waste management).
Besides the study of greenhouse gases (CO2, CH4, and N2O), ammonia (NH3) is a primary monitoring target because of its strong impact on the local environment but also on the animal wellness.
Scientific teams working at quantifying animal husbandry emissions and at understanding which factors can contribute in the control of those emissions have challenging measurement specifications as they typically need to monitor low variations around the ambient background concentrations for the gases of interest.
Other aspects that significantly impact their set of requirements for analytical instruments: they are often working in harsh field conditions, far from the laboratory standards, and they frequently need to setup their monitoring systems for extended period of time to capture the variations induced by the inherent seasonal activity of most farming practices.
The photoacoustic multi-gas monitor INNOVA 1412i offers great value to the research teams with:
- High-end measurement specifications: low detection limits (typically in the ppb range) and wide dynamic range (4-5 decades)
- Rugged and reliable design
- Direct in-situ monitoring, stable during long measurement campaigns
- Low cost of ownership
The 1412i monitor can be advantageously bundled with the INNOVA 1409 multipoint sampler to enhance its value as an accurate multi-gas analyzer:
- Enabling parallel monitoring of multiple static flux chambers,
- Multi-point coverage of large control volumes (integral monitoring)
Detection limits of typical gas of interest:
|Carbon dioxide||CO2||1.5 ppm|
|Nitrous oxide||N2O||0.03 ppm|
- Field deployable INNOVA 1412i monitor
- In-situ direct multi-gas monitoring
- Multi-channel (up to 24) sampling with INNOVA 1409
- Easy and convenient data export/processing from SQL Server database with LumaSoft 7870
- Stable, Reliable, no consumables, “zero” maintenance over long multi-month
It was already selected by multiple end-users who reported its use in a large variety of conditions over the planet: dairy cattle barn, poultry broiler houses, pig fattening installations, or even fish ponds.
Note: The INNOVA Photoacoustic Gas Monitor is also a valuable solution for commissioning or periodic efficiency testing on air purification equipment like ammonia scrubber.