Photoacoustic Gas Monitor - INNOVA 1412i
The LumaSense Photoacoustic Gas Monitor INNOVA 1412i is based on the photoacoustic infrared spectroscopy and delivers superior sensitivity in a very compact form factor. Extremely versatile by design, the 1412i can measure at trace levels almost any gas that absorbs infrared light.
Example of Applications
- Quantitative emission monitoring of greenhouse gases, or other contaminants, in association with static or dynamic flux chambers (eg. in agricultural research)
- Environmental Monitoring or Industrial Hygiene Measurements - of possible production or accumulation of toxic/carcinogenic substances in public spaces or working areas
- Occupational Safety and Health: Monitoring of anesthetic agents in hospitals, or Air Purifier efficiency testing.
- Emission monitoring of exhaust from chemical processes
- Indoor Air-quality (IAQ) and ventilation measurements
Photo-acoustic Gas Monitor INNOVA 1412i at a glance
Our product design leverages the unique strengths of the photo-acoustic sensor technique and has consistently delivered the following high value features that make our differentiation:
- Multi Gas Monitoring – up to 5 different gases (+ water vapor) can be measured with excellent sensitivity and accuracy
- Highly versatile: selectively measures a wide range of gases/vapors, with more than 200 compounds already tested,
- Compact form-factor of our portable and robust enclosure.
- Lightweight (9 kg, 20 lbs), direct sampling, no carrier gas needed
- Linear response over a wide dynamic range
- Highest stability (low drift) makes calibration only necessary 1-2 times a year
- Accurate – compensates for temperature and pressure fluctuations, water-vapor interference and interference from other known gases
- Extremely low-volume of the internal gas circuit (gas cell (3 cc)+ sampling line)
Other valuable product features include:
- User-friendly: easy calibration, configuration and measurement data presentation and analysis on PC
- Operates immediately: almost no warm-up time necessary
- Remote control capability via TCP/IP network interface protocol
- Expandable up to 24 locations using 1409 Multi-point Sampler (optional): the Gas Monitor can operate as the system controller for full standalone operation
- Includes BZ7002 Calibration Software
- Includes BZ7003 Offline Software to set up the Gas Monitor without connecting it to a PC and to download data stored in the gas monitors internal memories.
Gas Detection Limits
Appropriate optical filters (up to 5 + water vapor) are installed in the Photoacoustic Gas-Monitor INNOVA 1412i's filter carousel so that it can selectively measure the concentration of up to 5 component gases and water vapor in any air sample. INNOVA gas monitors can be configured in a very versatile way from a total set of 27 optical filters. Overall the filter portfolio enables high accuracy spectroscopy measurement in the so-called mid-infrared footprint region [4-15 microns]. Each optical filter has a narrow bandwidth for a very good selectivity. Furthermore, the Photoacoustic Gas Monitor INNOVA 1412i can compensate for interference between the measured field gases, using the unique Cross-compensation feature.
Principle of PAS Measurement System
With its highly sensitive photo acoustic detector and its selective sensing design, the INNOVA 1412i's detection limit is gas-dependent but typically in the ppb region.
The optical filters used in the Photoacoustic Gas Monitor INNOVA 1412i display different characteristics while sharing a basic design. Each filter comprises three separate infrared elements; a narrow-band pass element, a short-wave pass element and a wide-band pass element. The narrow-band pass element has very specific transmission characteristics defined by the short-wave pass and wide-band pass elements, which prevents transmission of light at other wavelengths.
For any additional Software Download and Service Net of Photo-acoustic Gas Monitor INNOVA 1412i please contact us .
|Photoacoustic infrared spectroscopy.|
|Detection Limit:||Gas-dependent, but typically in the ppb region. Using the Gas Detection Limits chart, the detection limit for a selected sample integration time (S.I.T.) can be calculated.|
|Dynamic Range:||Typically 4 orders of magnitude (i.e. 10,000 times the detection limit at 5 S.I.T.). Using two span concentrations it can be expanded to 5 orders of magnitude.|
Typically ± Detection limit4 per 3 months1
Influence of temperature2 : +/- 10 % of detection limit4 /°C.
Influence of Pressure3 : +/-0.5 % of detection limit4 /mbar.
|Repeatability:||1 % of measured value1|
|Range Drift:||+/- 2.5 % of measured value per 3 months1
Influence of temperature2 : +/- 0.3 % of measured value/°C.
Influence of pressure3 : -0.01 % of measured value/mbar.
|1 Measured at 20 °C , 1013 mbar, and relative humidity (RH): 60%. (A concentration of 100x detection limit4 was used in determining these specifications.)
2 Measured at 1013 mbar, and RH: 60 %.
3 Measured at 20 °C and RH: 60 %.
4 Detection limit is @5s S.I.T
|Is dependent on the Sample Integration Time (S.I.T.) and the flushing time defined. Please see the examples below:|
|S.I.T.: „Normal“ (5 s) Flushing: Auto, (tube: 1 m)||One gas: ~27s 5 gases + water: ~60s|
|S.I.T.: “Low Noise” (20s) Flushing: Auto, (tube 1 m)||5 gases + water: ~150s|
|S.I.T.: “Fast” (1s) Flushing: Chamber 4s, Tube “OFF”||One gas: ~13s 5 gases + water: ~26s|
|Interference:||The 1412i automatically compensates for temperature and pressure fluctuations in its analysis cell and can compensate for water vapor in the air sample. If an optical filter is installed to measure a known interferent, the 1412i can cross compensate for the interferent.|
|Pumping Rate:||30 cm3/s (flushing sampling tube) and 5 cm3/s (flushing measurement chamber).|
|Power Requirement:||100-240 VAC +/- 10%, 50-60 Hz.|
|Power Consumption:||~85 VA.|
|Total Internal Volume:||The total Internal Volume of the measurement system: 60cm3|
|Air Volume per sample:|
|Flushing Settings||Volume of Air|
|Auto: Tube Length: 1m||140 cm3 /sample|
|Fixed time: Chamber 2s, Tube 3s||100 cm3 /sample|
|Fixed time: Chamber 2s,Tube “OFF”||10 cm3 /sample|
|Alarm Relay Socket:||for connection to one or two alarm relays (visual/audio). Alarm levels for each gas are user-defined. Max. 25 VDC, max.100 mA.|
Height: 175 mm (6.9 in).
Width: 395 mm (15.6 in).
Depth: 300 mm (11.8 in).
Weight: 9 kg (19.8lbs).
|The monitor has three interfaces, USB, Ethernet, and RS-232, for data exchange and remote control of the 1412i. The PC software communicates using the USB, Ethernet, or RS-232 interface.|
|Compliance with Standards|
|The 1412i has the following certifications:
The detailed Certificate of Conformity documents are available in our download section.
|Converting concentration units
The detection limits in the Detection Limit Chart are given in "parts per million" by volume (ppm) at 20°C and 1 atmosphere of pressure. These values can be converted into the concentration unit "mg/m3" by using the equation below:
For a gas at 20°C and at 1 atmosphere of pressure:
Application software for the setup and remote control of our Tracer Gas Systems
Free Version to calibrate
the gas monitor connecting
it to a PC
Free Version to set up the gas monitor without connecting it to a PC and to download data stored in the internal memories
See information on Detection Limits here