Asphalt Mixing Plants
Monitoring the temperature of asphalt mixtures is a challenging task due to the varying measuring conditions and characteristics of the process.
Asphalt mixing plants face more and more stringent quality requirements by their customers. Also, the cost of primary energies such as petroleum, gas, and carbon are increasing all of the time.
In asphalt production, process temperature is a crucial factor in plant performance and the properties of the hot mix. To ensure long-term quality of the road surface, temperatures must be precisely monitored during the production process and as the hot mix is loaded onto trucks.
To ensure that temperatures remain within specified limits as the material is fed to the mixer, temperatures are monitored at the point where the material exits the drum. Burners are controlled based on this data.
This is why bituminous mixing plants are being implemented with pyrometer-based non-contact measurement equipment and temperature control systems.
Non-contact temperature measurement by pyrometers is a major contributor to optimum process control. First, pyrometers are well suited to measure the temperature of the mixture moving inside the drum dryer to help maintain a uniform temperature of the asphalt mixture.
A second pyrometer can be introduced at the discharge chute to measure the temperature of the finished product as it is conveyed to the storage silos.
LumaSense offers two specialized solutions to address these issues and to provide a robust temperature measurement system.
For measuring the uniformity of the asphalt mixing process, LumaSense Technologies has developed the IMPAC Pyrometers IN 5 and IN 300 in conjunction with a dedicated mounting tube system and display DA 6000 for temperature measurement indication.
- Non-contact temperature measurement between -32 and 900 °C (IN 5) or -20 and 600 °C (IN 300)
- Pyrometer is specifically adapted to this application, including maximum storage value
- Compact unit size
- Rugged mounting tube with air purge option for harsh environments
- DA 6000 is a high-precision LED indicator for non-contact temperature measuring devices with excellent additional properties. Beyond pure indication of measured temperature a connected IMPAC digital pyrometer can be parametrized via the DA 6000 completely, without any PC.
- Product quality guaranteed through temperature control without interfering with the mixing process
- Cost optimization through reduction of primary energy consumption
- Continuous monitoring and documentation of your critical process